Monday, January 26, 2009

Teeny, Tiny Mice

"Hi There"
"Who Me?"

Have you heard about ACEO's? I hadn't until just recently and I love the concept. Original art can be very expensive and this is one way for people to collect and own actual pieces at wonderfully affordable prices. The only requirement for this type of work is that each piece measures 2-1/2" wide by 3-1/2" high. Small? Yes! Different? Yes! Something for everyone? You guessed it...yes! People buy them for many reasons....for display, for trading and for collecting. They may be framed and grouped together, displayed on a small (VERY small!) easel or as a collection in a basket or fancy box.

I have found ACEO's featuring photography, decoupage, quilting, prints, collages and, of course, original handpainted artwork done in oil, acrylic, watercolor and ink. Card stock, canvas, cloth, marble, porcelain, old playing cards and wood are just a few of the backgrounds used.

Where am I going with this? Of course...it's to tell you that we are now slowly adding ACEO's to our product line. I thought it would be fun to paint some little guys (mice and rats!) on pieces of MDF and I think they turned out rather cute if I do say so myself. Just a start.

"Bright Eyes"

Come visit these guys at http://hrt2hand.etsy.com or see our whole line of products at www.hearttohandcreations.com









No comments: