Thursday, June 23, 2011

A year....really a year???


I cannot believe that it's been a year since I last posted. So much has gone on...additional foot surgery due to the accident in 2008, developing new products, a much-needed weekend in Florida and dealing with animals who are popping up with more problems as they age.
Snow has done so well over the past 2 years and now has a serious heart murmur and kidney failure. Of course, she does not like the prescription KD so I've found some food that has very low crude protein (not quite as low as KD) but lower than most of the foods out there. She's also on Renal K for her potassium.
Sassy has had MRSA (yeah...animals can get it!) and has been on all kinds of antibiotics. Finally found one that has pretty much cleared it up. She's also been diagnosed with hypothyroidism so is on medication for that as well as allergy meds.
Jaz, so far, is just on pepcid for his stomach issues.
Those meds, along with the ones my dad takes are lined up on the kitchen counter....no wonder I'm on anti-anxiety meds myself!
Still finding time to work on orders and we've done some really special ones this year including the memorial box shown here. I just love it because it looks as if "Pi" is staring right up to Heaven.
Don't know when I'll post next....great plans....no follow through!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

So sorry to hear about all your pet illnesses. And of your own surgery. It always seem that once pets get a certain age everything stops working on them. That happened to me a few years ago when all my older pets, 2 cats and a dog, got sick at the same time.It was a very rough few months.

I hope all turns out OK. Take care.
-Kathleen